MPD: Mother Is Suspect In Missing Baby Case

Posted on: 7:29 am, January 10, 2014, by , and , updated on: 05:01pm, January 11, 2014

(Memphis) As of 6 p.m. Saturday, the search for missing 7-week-old Aniston Walker was suspended.

According to Memphis Police, “all areas have been searched thoroughly with no results. Although the search efforts are being suspended, the investigation into the whereabouts of Aniston Walker is ongoing.”

Police do consider the child’s mother, Andrea, a suspect.

Photo Gallery Expand 1 of 8

(Memphis) Memphis Police now say the mother of a missing infant is considered a suspect in her disappearance.

When asked about the possibility of finding 7-week-old Aniston Walker alive, Memphis Police Director Toney Armstrong said, “Seven week old children do not have the means of just disappearing.”

According to a police affidavit, a homicide investigator who witnessed questioning of Ms. Walker came to the conclusion, “The child has sustained serious bodily injury.”

Andrea Walker, the mother of the seven-week-old little girl missing since Thursday has been charged with aggravated child abuse and aggravated child neglect or endangerment.

Details of the alleged crimes were not immediately available.

Police have not found Aniston Walker.

Director Armstrong said the child’s father was the person who called police and that Andrea Walker is considered a suspect.

Late Thursday afternoon, the Memphis Police Department issued a City Watch alert for Aniston Walker.

Thursday night, police said they were getting conflicting accounts from Andrea Walker of what happened to the missing newborn.

Walker told police she left her 7-week-old daughter with her 3-year-old while she took her 5-year-old child to school.

The house is located in the 5600 block of Falling Bark Drive in Northeast Memphis.

Aniston is a black female with brown eyes, medium complexion, approximately 21″ and 10 lbs., and was last seen wearing a brown onesie with football emblems.

Police searched homes under construction, dumpsters and trash bins, and a wooded area near where Aniston was last seen as well as a lake.

They used tracking dogs, and knocked on every door within several blocks.

Neighbors said they didn’t see anything suspicious.

They said the mother is a good parent, and a single mom of three.

Friday night, police towed away Andrea Walker’s car, but wouldn’t say why they are marking it as evidence.

Police called off the search until Saturday. They are spending Friday night at the station sorting through all the evidence they have.

A City Alert is still active for the child.

If you can help, contact the Memphis Missing Persons Bureau or Memphis Police Department at 901-545-2677.

Submit Your Photo

• whoyoukiddin says:

This poor child who had no chance. I hope she is found alive and given to someone who will truly love her and care for her. To the mother tell the police where she is. You do not deserve any children and need to be taken care of as to not having anymore. To the father if you even know who you are where were you when this was going on?

• Skeptic says:

I fear this isn’t going to turn out good. :(

• Sherri Silas says:

How can a 7 week old be missing? it is not like she can just walk off, I hope someone other than the mother has the other 2 children.

• Jim Donahue says:

What a way to start the new year

• evette says:

She has to know where the baby is…..a 7week old does not get up and walk away. Is it against the law to beat her until she tells them where the baby is located….sorry, I have NO love for baby killers.

• Shirley Burns Joiner says:

Skeeter56
    Please tell the authorities where the baby is…if you are a good mother like people are saying please think about your baby and not yourself.

• Ms.Mabone says:

I’m sick of this s……!Around other people parents pretend
    to love n care about their kids but behind closed
    doors they mistreat them n abuse them.Who
    knows,she might have even sold the baby.

• Malachi says:

What kind of person leaves a 7week old baby alone!!!! This is far beyond unacceptable. I pray to God the other kids are taken into custody to a safehaven and the mother just dissapears to a lonely dark neglected place. The neighbors are INSANE to get notified a 7 week old baby is missing from a mother and they reply ” she is a good mother”…… They all should take turns diving into the Mississippi river. Since nobody has any info of whats going on, WHERE IS THE FATHER!!!!!! I pray she didnt pull a Casey Anthony with her child. I pray wherever this precious baby is that God covers her and protects her with all his will. Then the mother willingly claimed she left the baby home alone but the police is saying thes going back and forward with who had the baby. Something isnt adding up here. Maybe she wished for a boy cause what woman dresses her baby girl in a Brown outfit with footballs on it. “Jus sayin”.. When it comes to things loke this everything is a lead!!!!! And if the woman is not in jail right now and her kids are not far from her, Id like to raise a big middle finger with my left hand with a Bacon sandwich in my right hand to the Police.

• 1wanderingtruthseeker says:

Things! People that just breed and don’t even want the babies after they are born! People that don’t care. Which Memphis has a whole lot of and if you take this as a racist thing to say, be my guest. I am not afraid to be called a racist or anything else people would like to call me, but the truth is the truth. Memphis is 85% black. Again. Facts.

• Malachi says:

Thats what’s up. Honesty is well as all facts and opinions. I can dig the fact about “things” like people in general. But Blacks and whites are killing kids and neglecting them… Like I said, im not calling you a racist i said the comment SEEMED like one. Regardless we all are entitled to feel how we fill individually so either way its all respect. At least u feel like the situation with the child is wack. And thats that.

• Brenda Bucks says:

Did they find a baby in the garbage in Millington?

• 1wanderingtruthseeker says:

I use to dispatch emergency vehciles including cops. I know

• 1wanderingtruthseeker says:

Okay, let’s talk fact and not opinion. Go to the children services sites in Memphis and see how many black babies are killed by their parents or a ‘boyfriend. Then look at the picture of the people that have been charged with the crime and come back to me and give me the stats. you found. Once again, I don’t care if you want to call me names. The facts are the facts. And I speak them. I don’t massage the facts, I read them. I dispatched ambulance, police and the corornor to scenes. Most of them were black. See, as a dispatcher, I got to know the facts of what the callers say as opposed to what the police found to be true.

• Laz Jemison says:

More excellent parenting from Memphis!

• American born Muslim says:

1Wandering truthseeker i suspect you Are s lier. I live in Cordova mostly whites in my area and the police are always out here. I doubt you were a dispatcher.A couple of winters ago My Caucasian neighbors three yr old got out the house walking up dexter and nobody stopped. I swung around grabbed him took him home. Point is bad parenting is not exclusive to any ethnic group fool. I pray the baby is found alive black\white You are just some broke dissulioned nothing I suspect. Get help

• American born Muslim says:

So sad a precious little baby missing and the fools, losers, and malconents on here stirring up racial hatred. If you gotta say you not a racist. Most likely you are one. That being said a little baby is missing. Ptayers should be made regardless of faith or ethnicity that she be returned safely and alive.

• diane says:

PEOPLE ..Stop making everything about race. This is a human being that feels pain..All..I mean everyone that hurts a baby should Not receive 3 meals a day and a warm bed to lay in. And most of all why protective custody? Nobody protected the babies.. God is sending us messages…

• Elcameno says:

This just breaks my heart……..The mother needs to be locked up somewhere. Especially after she lied. I mean at first there wasn’t anything said about the 7 week old was left with the 3 year old. If this is the case then why isn’t the 3 year old missing. Plus on top of all that why would you even leave a 3 year old to watch another child when the 3 year old can’t even take care of themselves. I don’t care if you going to the store and back, if the kids are sleep wake them up and take them wit you. Simply as that………..I hope and pray to God that this baby is found alive.

• ChocolatDiva says:

The baby is only 7 weeks old. It is very possible the mother is going through post partum depression. It is very likely. With the stress that people are under these days, it wouldn’t surprise me if this is the case. It’s very unfortunate. Most times, the people around the mother miss the signs. This is a chemical imbalance that occurs inside a woman after she delivers a child. She probably is a great mother when she is normal. Prayers are needed for her and her family.

• Mph Pride says:

I agree with you ChocolatDiva . This is something that most men don’t understand and women without children know about. But people like Russ Brown, Joe Censored ,Nonya Bidness and the like only find racist remark to a medical problem. For 1wanderingtruthseeker , speaking on going to the child service sight , speak on facts. There are a quite of few whites who neglect and abuse their children than any race. Mainly because most whites can’t accept who their kids love and bear children by. I’m not speaking about race I’m speaking about Little Johnny who finish only the eight grade or Mary Kathy who lives in a trailer or the groups that do drugs that their children loves to hang with. Not only them but the daughter that had multiple babies by black men in hopes to reach stardom from professional ball players. There are problems in this world I just hope some of you old racist people realized that the problem will never be fix if no one recognize it.

• Russ Brown says:

Does the mother have a job? Is this another child born to raise welfare benefits? I find it impossible to believe that such a “good” mother could be so irresponsible with w child.

• Brenda Bucks says:

Its Obamacare fault

• WhatTheF says:

Not to worry everyone, mom had it all taken care of.

“Walker told police she left her 7-week-old daughter with her 3-year-old”

• Melissa says:

Who leaves a 7 week old home alone with a 3 yr old?!?!?!?!?

• Seriously? says:

I left my 7 week old with my 3 year old…..what could go wrong?

• sam says:

check the storm drains

• Tasha says:

It has to be something wrong with this young mother. Something is not right or adding up. She is a educated women according to the story and from the look of the neighborhood she is not living in poverty. She must have snapped and is not herself. I hope she come back around and tell them were the baby is, this is so sad but happens more than many know.

• hateliberalcommies says:

Why does this goofball have any of her kids???

• ccintheknow says:

First and foremost, I PRAY that they find the baby alive.

• Ihate Stupidppl says:

“You ppl” you mean ppl like your mother? You heartless ignorant racist piece of waste disgust me.

Why is this a racial problem? Seems to me the whole thing is about being an idiot. A idiot would leave a 7 week old in the care of a 3 year old. Fact, she is an idiot. It appears the mother does not have a husband and the child’s father called the police. is he living with her.
    Why didn’t she call the police when she found the child was missing, Because she is a idiot. Where was the 3 year old when she arrived home? Is she missing also?

I smelled a Big Fat Rat when I first heard about this case.

What ever happened to the saying that, “I takes the whole village to raise a child” Why is this a racial problem?

Again,

• Joe Censored says:

Animals in the wild protect and take better care of their young…

Memphis Representing!!!

• Gee says:

It said in the description of the child that SHE was last SEEN WEARING…”A ONESIE WITH FOOTBALLS ON IT”???”…UMM why is the baby gyrl dressed in boys clothes??…am I the ONLY ONE who has noticed that?..

• Ya’ll are freaking ridiculous. There’s a child missing out there in god knows what shape and you’re on here bickering like 12 year old school girls. This isn’t about any of you so how about you get out there and try to help the authorities find this child instead of trying to be some “Internet Hardass”.

• massage says:

Because the admin of this web site is working, no question very soon
    it will be well-known, due to its feature contents.

• Stacey King says:

She could have taken her to a hospital, fire dept. church, and so many other safe places. Parents are supposed to take care and love their child/children, after all they did not ask to be born. Alot of mothers and fathers should not be allowed to have children. I hope there is a special place in the pits Hell for people that hurt children, the elderly, and handicapped people. God says “What you do unto my little ones you also do unto me”. My heart is just torn apart right now!!

• JENNY WHO LOVESBABIES says:

WE JUST NEED TO PRAY TO HELP THE POLICE FIND THAT BABY THEY NEED ALL THE SUPPORT THEY CAN GET NOW .EVERYONE JUST PRAY IT CAN REALLY HELP.

• toby says:

Still beats being birthed by a shaved ghetto ape.

• equalopportunityhater says:

Just one less mouth for my tax dollars to feed.