Police: Mother Giving Conflicting Info On Missing Newborn

Posted on: 2:46 pm, January 9, 2014, by , and , updated on: 10:23pm, January 9, 2014

Photo Gallery Expand 1 of 4

(Memphis) Memphis police say they are getting conflicting accounts from the mother of a missing newborn.

Police said 7-week-old Aniston Walker was last seen Thursday morning at a home in the 5600 block of Falling Bark Drive in Northeast Memphis.

The mother reportedly said she left the infant at home alone, and when she returned, Aniston was gone.

Police said the mother is going back and forth on who was watching her baby. It could have been Aniston’s 3-year-old sibling.

Aniston is a black female with brown eyes, medium complexion, approximately 21″ and 10 lbs., and was last seen wearing a brown onesie with football emblems.

Police searched homes under construction, dumpsters and trash bins, and a wooded area near where Aniston was last seen. They used tracking dogs, and knocked on every door within several blocks.

Neighbors said they didn’t see anything suspicious. They said the mother is a good parent, and a single mom of three.

A City Alert is active for the child.

If you can help, contact the Memphis Missing Persons Bureau or Memphis Police Department at 901- 545-2677.

• What a cutie!!!! I hope they find her safe and sound.

• Jason says:

Another day another murder in Little Detroit. Thank God, I do not live in Memphis, TN, where blacks murder other blacks at such an alarming rate, that the news stations cannot keep up with all of them. Memphis is dangerous and getting more dangerous. Ask any policman and he will tell you, that most shootings and stabbings never make the local news unless the victim dies.

• I know right. Thankfully, I live in North Mississippi. I only have to come to Memphis to go to work. I park in a secure parking facility and I do not get out of my car in Memphis to get gas or anything. It is very unsafe. I wish they would move my Companys Corporate Headquarters to another state. I would gladly relocate.

• Wow says:

How sad.

• Little Detroit says:

Is the baby’s mama a suspect?

• Who leaves a 7 wk old baby alone, with or without a 3 y/o watching her. The mother should be jailed and forced to say where her baby is. Very suspicious

• Alice Waller says:

what might be even scarier is if she did leave her with the 3 y/o. Children who were “the baby” for a long time can become extremely resentful of the newborn. I’m assuming they checked the toilet to be sure no one tried to flush her or other quick places a “perhaps jealous” 3 y/o could have quickly gotten rid of a problem. #ijs

• Heather says:

I agree! And look at the conditions of that house behind the baby’s beautiful little face… it looks like a disgusting mess!

• Jason says:

I bet the baby is at the city dump.

• The mother was arrested. No other updates as of yet.

• Brenda Bucks says:

call Toney Armstrong and Caroline Mason. She will confess in a NY Minute.

• Alice Waller says:

Someone might should check their checking account to see if a large deposit has been made. That beautiful baby could be on her way to another state or in a different state by now. smh.

• Kim Enfield says:

Can I please adopt that baby if you find her!!??!! Why would that mom leave a 7 week old home alone??

• Sam says:

This is really horrible. If they’re looking with cadaver dogs they’re looking for a body :(

• Make Mine Stupid says:

Oh god, no….

I hope nothing has happened to that adorable little baby.

• graytonb says:

A ‘good parent’..? Leaving a 7 week old baby alone in a house with ‘ possibly a 3-year old’ ? What is wrong with them?

• I swear I said the same thing. If you can’t be bothered to find adequate childcare for your kids, you are anything but a “good” parent.

• West says:

whats even better than adequate child care!?? How bout taking your kids WITH YOU!! Jeez…I thought the cost of birth control was free to everyone these days!

• Tata says:

I pray they find this precious baby safe&sound.!”In his name !!Let his will be done!!

• Karen says:

I hope all the kids are taken away from this unfit mother. Sorry. She should have her tubes tied. I try not to judge, but this is outrageous. The worst thing about this is – she’s too ignorant to even sell the baby. It’s probably in a dumpster somewhere… So sad.

Moral of the story: Drug test every mother who gives birth, and if it’s hard drugs, take ALL the kids away before it’s too late.

• jonqunell says:

So sad i pray they find her but looks like they thinking mom killed her so sad

• Ric says:

Think her cell phone (tracking) might remind her of where she left the child? You can bet she had it with her…..

• kenney says:

I agree..Toby must be a dummy your comment look like a can of alphabet soup… but I pray she gets home safe and sound

• jas says:

Continuing to lift our city, the city of Memphis, up in prayer. This story saddens me! That’s an innocent baby that did not ask for this. Jesus watch over our babies because the enemy has taken over hearts and minds and the children are not safe, not even in their own home!

• Guest says:

Why isn’t she in jail? She just told you she either left the baby home alone or left the baby home with a toddler as the babysitter.

• Raven says:

I hope and pray that the baby is ok . Lord please. Watch over our. Babies

• American born Muslim says:

Karen real tough talk hiding behind a computer. Just like the polar bears…Make insults and hide behind a screen. Cowards!

• Yvette says:

The mother has been arrested and I am glad. They should use some means to force her to tell what happened to that precious baby. No one deserves to be put through this type of agony, especially a 7 week old innocent baby. May God be with her and I hope she is found safe and well real soon. Time is ticking away in this situation. She will continue to be in my prayers.

• dwalker20012 says:

I think the police should continue the search for baby aniston.They need to check the nearest body of water.PLEASE FIND THIS BABY.

• chare says:

The police need to pressure the mother to talk about this sadly situation.

• ERICA says:

Well first of all you people and yes i did say you people always have to say negative things about Memphis Kelly Stanford Sides my thing with you is how can you work in Mephis if the city is so bad and besides Mississippi is no better than Memphis… Why don’t you work in Mississippi not Memphis if you feel so unsafe…. Oh i forgot Mississippi doesn’t have jobs thanks for taking our citizens jobs get a life….

• I used to live in Memphis but the crime ran me out. So now I have to commute. I would prefer to not have to drive so far everyday to get to work but the crime left me no choice.