Snow Expected Sunday
(WREG-TV) Chief Meteorologist Tim Simpsons says Saturday should be sunny with a high of 45 degrees, but Sunday morning, a major Arctic air mass will drop temperatures into the lower and mid-20s by the afternoon.
There may even be some snow accumulation, most likely along the I-40 corridor northward and in the Memphis metro area.
The extreme cold will continue until Wednesday or Thursday.
Here are some tips and resources to ensure your family’s safety:
– Bring your pets inside. They may be furry, but they still get cold!
– Trim your trees, paying special attention to weak limbs. Ice and snow weigh down branches, increasing the chance they may snap.
– If a power line goes down or you have another emergency (like a gas leak or water main break), call MLGW at 528-4465. If you have an outage, call 544-6500.
– Keep your car’s gas tank full so ice doesn’t form in the tank or fuel lines.
– Stock up on water and foods that don’t need to be refrigerated or cooked.
– Keep blankets, food and water, a first-aid kit, and other items in your car in case you get stranded.
– If the heat goes out in your home, do NOT bring in a grill or camp stove to use for warmth, since these release carbon monoxide.