IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR DISH SUBSCRIBERS – SERVICE INTERRUPTION – CLICK HERE

House Fire in Binghampton Leaves Mother and Two Children Homeless

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

(Memphis) A mother and her two children are homeless. Their Binghampton home destroyed in a fire Saturday morning.

Belongings were left in piles outside a pale green house on Gracewood. There was little left to recover.

"I saw a lot of smoke coming from the back of the house. A huge smoke!" said Asreen Simmons.

Simmons lives next door and woke up to flames. Panic filled the 72-year-old. She's no stranger to fires.

"I lost my dad in a house fire. I lost my husband in a house fire," said Simmons.

Simmons said the fire started in the child's bedroom from a space heater. The child smelled the smoke and got everyone out safely.

WREG talked to the family. They were too upset to go on camera, but say they were having trouble finding a hotel room. Most places are booked because of the Liberty Bowl.

The family said they were tired and still numb from what happened, but they are thanking God they're alive.

Follow

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 16,475 other followers