Teen Dies After Being Hit By Drunk Driver

Posted on: 10:15 pm, December 15, 2013, by and , updated on: 11:49am, December 16, 2013

Quincy Johnson

(Memphis) A man is in jail and a teen in dead after a collision early Sunday morning.

According to an affidavit, 27-year-old Quincy Johnson was drunk when he was driving north-bound on Hacks Cross near Meadow Vale around 1:30 a.m.

Johnson told police he blacked out before the crash.

He crossed all three south-bound lanes crashing into a car with four people in it.

Everyone in the car was injured.

Hezekiah Keyon Moss who was 13, was air-lifted to The Med where he later died from his injuries.

Johnson has been charged with DUI and Reckless Driving though more charges could be added.

He is being held on a $50,000 bond.

• Skeptic says:

If you drink, then get into a vehicle, then crash into where someone is killed it should be considered pre-mediated murder. A $50,000 bond is a slap in the face. Should be 5 million dollars. Another news story here about a stabbing and that guy gets a $250,000 bond.

• Non Anon says:

He must have been suffering from “Affluenza”.

• Karl lee says:

Thinning of the herd!!

• 1dcw says:

I they don’t charge this drunk with vehicular manslaughter and refuse bail they need to get their heads examined. Pull his license forever and give him the longest sentence possible. A 14 year old young man that had a expected long future ahead of him just paid with his life for this drunk’s partying. A drunk dishwasher ran me over in ’72 when I was 21, he didn’t have a license to drive or insurance. Worked 12 years with a broken back, couldn’t take pain pills and work. Finally got it fused and could carry a child, so I had two. Had it fused again after the pregnancies, but the 2nd fusion is now failing. Too much scar tissue for another. They put down animals out of kindness with broken backs. I was told I was lucky to be alive. If they had any idea of the pain levels that change with every slight movement or breath, they might rethink their beliefs. I had over 20 broken bones and 7 breaks to my femur so had to have both children C-Section. I was an athlete but I can’t even run now. My deepest sympathies to the family and friends of this young man cut down by this bum.

How does bail in this case compare with the bail from the stabbing. The stabbing was most likely in self defense and this ldiot kills someone and his bail is only $50,000.

There is no justice in the justice system, the courts have become an income stream for the government. The city of Memphis doesn’t even investigate property crimes any longer.

If you want justice you will have to take it outside the justice system.

And let me add. If you take justice into your own hands and I’m on your jury …. YOU WILL NOT GO TO JAIL!

• Maximum says:

Why was a 13 year old out at 1:30 on a school night?? Where were mom and dad? if he had been home in bed he would have been safe.

My condolences no child deserves this.

• Deja Brew says:

I knew this guy, man it’s crazy that he did something like that. This is a sad holiday season.