IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR DISH SUBSCRIBERS – SERVICE INTERRUPTION – CLICK HERE

Man Saves Beer From Burning House

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

(Columbus, GA) A Georgia man may have risked his life for a can of beer.

Walter Serpit’s house caught fire Thursday in Columbus.

When firefighters arrived, he told them to save his children while he went back in the house to rescue a few cold ones.

“I told them to get the kids out,” said Serpit.  “Being an alcoholic, I was trying to get my beer out. I went back in the house, like a dummy, trying to get my beer and the door shut on me.”

Luckily, no one was hurt in the fire.

A faulty water heater may be to blame.

4 comments

Comments are closed.

Follow

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 16,474 other followers