This recipe will satisfy anyone with a sweet tooth, especially for pies!
A top finalist for this year’s Pillsbury Pie Baking Championship at the Delta Fair joined us Thursday on “Live at 9.”
Penny Looney of Bartlett showed us the recipe for her “Creamy Snickerdoodle Pie”!
Pillsbury Pie Baking Championship
Penny Looney of Bartlett, 2nd Place, 2013 Delta Fair & Music Festival
Creamy Snickerdoodle Pie
1 Pillsbury Pet-Ritz Deep Dish Pie Crust
1 tablespoon softened butter
2 cups heavy cream
1/2 cup half-and-half
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
Pinch of salt
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 cup dark brown sugar
1/4 cup sugar
1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
2. Dot Pillsbury Pet-Ritz deep dish pie crust with butter, keep in refrigerator until ready to fill.
3. Mix together slowly, heavy cream, half-and-half, flour, sugar, vanilla, salt, nutmeg, cinnamon and brown sugar. Mix until sugar is incorporated. Do not whip.
4. Remove pie shell from refrigerator.
5. Place on foil-lined cookie sheet.
6. Pour filling into pie shell. Sprinkle with cinnamon sugar mixture.
7. Bake at 400 degrees F for 10 minutes.
8. Lower oven temperature to 350 degrees F.
9. Cover crust with lightly tented foil or crust cover.
10. Bake for 40 additional minutes.
11. Let set for 1 hour before cutting.