Man Sues Gym After Getting Legionnaires’ Disease
(Memphis) A Memphis man has sued 24 Hour Fitness after he says he contracted Legionnaires’ Disease while using the club’s hot tub.
Jerome Walsh says he used the tub June 7 and was diagnosed June 12.
The lawsuit alleges he, “inhaled dangerous aerosolized water vapor or mist contaminated with Legionella bacteria.”
That bacteria creates a severe form of pneumonia.
The Shelby County Health Department has confirmed three cases of Legionnaires’ Disease at the facility which is located at 1285 Ridgeway.
The lawsuit claims 24 Hour Fitness management was negligent in maintaining the wet area.