Free Tax Preparation In Memphis
(Memphis) For those who need help getting their taxes filed by the April 17 deadline, the Internal Revenue Service today encouraged the use of free tax help sites in the Memphis area.
The free help is provided by IRS-trained volunteers.
Free tax help sites include:
Saturday, April 14
- Bethel Church of God in Christ, 2216 Clifton Ave. — 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Cummings Street Baptist Church, 781 East Raines Rd. — 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Macy’s, 1300 Shelby Dr. — 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- South Library, 1925 S. Third St. — 10 a.m. to 1 p.m.
Monday, April 16
- Macy’s, 1300 Shelby Dr. — 4 p.m. to 8 p.m.
Tuesday, April 17
- Macy’s, 1300 Shelby Dr. — 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. and 4 p.m. to 8 p.m.
Tax filers with household income below $50,000 are typically eligible for the free tax preparation and e-filing.
Other sites offer free help to tax filers who are age 60 or older.
To find out what to bring to a help site or to locate other free tax help sites in the area, call the IRS toll-free at 1-800-906-9887.