Allison Beck’s Island-Style Crab Cake Sliders (Entertaining Appetizers)
|Prep Time: 30 Min
|Total Time: 1 Hr 20 Min
|Makes: 12 sandwiches
|INGREDIENTS: 2 cans Pillsbury® refrigerated crusty French loaf
1/3 cup chopped red bell pepper
½ cup chopped mango
1 tablespoon chopped seeded jalapeño chile
½ cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
1 LAND O LAKES® Egg, beaten
½ teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
1 tablespoon sliced green onion (1 medium)
½ teaspoon salt, if desired
½ teaspoon McCormick® Cracked Black Pepper
1 ½ cups Progresso® panko bread crumbs
12 oz fresh cooked lump crabmeat (1 1/3 cups) or 2 cans (6.5 oz) special white lump crabmeat, drained
¼ cup LAND O LAKES® Unsalted or Salted Butter, melted
1 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
2 cloves garlic
2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh cilantro
2 teaspoons lime juice
- Heat oven to 375°F. Spray cookie sheet with Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray. Cut each loaf of dough crosswise into 6 pieces. Roll dough into balls; place on cookie sheet.
- Bake 12 to 16 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on cooling rack.
- Increase oven temperature to 400°F. In food processor bowl, combine red pepper, mango and jalapeño. Cover; process with on-and-off pulses or until mixture is finely chopped.
- In large bowl, combine pepper mixture, 1/2 cup mayonnaise, egg, Worcestershire sauce, green onion, salt, pepper and 1/2 cup of the bread crumbs until well blended. Gently fold in crabmeat until well blended. (Mixture will be moist.)
- In small bowl, stir together remaining 1 cup bread crumbs and melted butter until blended. Using 1/4 cup crab mixture per patty, shape into 12 (2-inch) patties; sprinkle both sides of each patty with bread crumbs. Reshape each patty, if necessary. Place on cookie sheet.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes, turning once halfway through baking, or until cakes are golden brown on both sides.
- Meanwhile, in food processor bowl, combine aioli ingredients. Cover; process until smooth.
- Cut buns in half horizontally. Spread aioli on cut sides of each bun. Place bottoms of buns on serving platter; top each with crab cake and top of bun.